LEBUHN & PUCHTA provides domestic and foreign companies involved in the aviation industry with comprehensive legal advice and legal representation in all kinds of litigation and dispute resolution proceedings including complex cross-border cases.
Our international orientation and extensive experience in matters of the transport industry constitute key benefits for our clients facing complex legal issues in the field of aviation, especially arising out of the carriage of cargo and passengers by air. The experience of our aviation practice group covers all aspects of aviation-related matters with a focus on aviation insurance and reinsurance law, including legal advice and litigation work in high-profile aviation accidents.
Our areas of expertise include in particular:
- Air carrier liability and defence
- Aviation insurance and reinsurance
- Advice in connection with aircraft accident investigation
- Purchase, transfer of ownership and financing of aircraft
- Advising on the conclusion of lease agreements (dry lease and wet lease) and charter agreements
- Contracts of carriage; ground handling and aircraft maintenance contracts
- Advising on corporate law issues within the aviation industry
- Administrative proceedings involving civil aviation authorities
- Use of aircraft within the maritime sector (in particular for the supply of offshore structures)
LEBUHN & PUCHTA is a member of the European Air Law Association (EALA).
- We have acted for one of the airlines involved in the Bashkirian Airlines Überlingen mid-air collision.
- We have acted for clients against an airline and its insurers in connection with liability claims of relatives following a fatal accident.
- We have advised the insured with respect to its claims under its hull and liability policy following an accident and total loss of the aircraft and loss of all life onboard.
- We have provided advice in relation to the acquisition of joint ownership in an aircraft (fractional ownership).