Compliance & Internal Investigations
Compliance – adhering to regulatory norms imposed by the legislator on market participants or by companies to their own organizations – is of the utmost importance, not only to large companies but also to small and medium-sized enterprises. Violations can attract severe financial penalties and other sanctions as well as a notable loss of reputation. An efficient prevention system based on the implementation of a suitable compliance structure is as necessary as the investigation of possible violations.
LEBUHN & PUCHTA offers its clients comprehensive advice on all legal aspects of compliance. LEBUHN & PUCHTA’s compliance team benefits from long-standing experience in advising its clients – in particular within the maritime, transport and logistics industries as well as in the international trade and machinery construction sectors.
LEBUHN & PUCHTA advises and supports its clients on matters including:
- structuring, implementation and tailoring of efficient compliance management systems,
- carrying out of internal investigations,
- analysis and legal assessment of possible compliance violations,
- issues of corporate, labour and insurance law associated with compliance violations,
- assistance in handling external investigations by supervisory and investigating authorities, including accusations of corruption, breach of trust and fraud,
- enforcement of and defense against claims resulting from compliance violations.
Where issues of criminal law arise, we closely work with renowned criminal defense lawyers as appropriate.