Corporate law forms part of the traditional heart of LEBUHN & PUCHTA’s practice. The firm’s lawyers have many years of experience in advising clients and entrepreneurs across the commercial spectrum and across the entire life cycle of a company. This includes the formation and structuring of companies, successions, employment contracts for directors as well as the preparation and conduct of shareholders’ meetings. In complex shareholder disputes, LEBUHN & PUCHTA develops amicable solutions for its clients and, as the case may be, represent its clients’ interests in litigation. The firm’s lawyers have particular experience of closed-end funds and regularly act for the founding partners and advisory boards. The firm is also regularly instructed in connection with measures pertaining to a company’s capital, intended changes to a company’s corporate form, and instructed to advise in corporate rescue and insolvency situations. The firm advises on labour law issues arising out of changes in a company’s corporate form.
LEBUHN & PUCHTA represents its clients both in court and arbitration. Lawyers of the firm are regularly appointed as arbitrators.
- We have acted for the branch of a family in a dispute over the family’s succession in a significant medium-sized company in the oil sector.
- We have acted for a shareholder in a dispute with his co-shareholder in a services company, including negotiation of the settlement agreement.
- We have acted for the founder of a shipping group in a dispute with his issue and the negotiation of the settlement in a meditation.
- We have advised various managing directors of closed-end fund entities in wide-ranging disputes with advisory boards and limited partners. We have prepared and conducted the shareholders’ meetings and challenged unlawful measures by applying to court for injunctions.
- We have acted for a client in challenging shareholder resolutions in a corporate entity holding numerous individual limited partnerships and having more than a thousand limited partners.
- We have acted for clients to restructure ailing shipping investments, which included the sale of individual ship-holding entities, dealing with US Chapter 11 proceedings affecting one of the shareholders, amending the finance documents and obtaining for the project initiators a release from personal liability for the investments.
- We have acted for a client in the setting up of a double-layered shipping investment vehicle consisting of an investment fund in the Isle of Man and a German holding company to bundle foreign investment in German shipping projects.
- We have acted for clients in structuring a start-up company from the sector entertainment sector.
- We have advised the managing directors of various shipping fund entities in the period up to the filing for insolvency and have prepared and conducted the contentious shareholders’ meetings.
- We have advised a German shipowner in connection with its cancellation of a series of six shipbuilding contracts with an Indian shipyard and successful recovery of the large amount due under the refund guarantees. The matter involved complex corporate law aspects as the shipyard had a stake in the buying entities.
- We have given in-depth advice to clients regarding the structuring of shipping pools and the drafting of the pool agreements.
- We have prepared and conducted the AGM of a listed biotech firm.
- We have acted for a limited partner against an issuing house in connection with claims under various share sale agreements in respect of partnership shares.
- We have advised clients in connection with an amicable parting of the stakeholders of a limited partnership structure.