Mergers & Acquisitions
LEBUHN & PUCHTA has may years of experience in advising clients from across the commercial spectrum on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions of companies. The firm’s clients are national and international buyers or sellers and established companies as well as start-ups. The firm’s advice covers all phases of a transaction, be it planning, the letter of intent, due diligence and the negotiation and performance of the agreement. LEBUHN & PUCHTA also has substantial experience of contentious matters where issues are resolved by negotiation or in court or arbitration. Lawyers of the firm are regularly appointed as arbitrators. The firm also has in-depth experience of structuring national and international joint ventures.
- We have advised the owner of an industrial machine-building company regarding the sale of its shares to an industrial or financial investor.
- We have conducted the due diligence for a major South American shipping line in connection with its merger with a German liner operator.
- We have advised a client in connection with its purchase of a foreign company in the wood processing industry. This included conducting a due diligence exercise in respect of the target.
- We have advised the operator of a platform used for trading shares in closed-end funds in relation to its purchase of all the shares of a competitor.
- We have advised the owner of a shipping company in relation to the sale of all of its shares to a competitor.
- We have advised clients in the structuring of a complex joint venture in the shipping sector.
- We have advised a ship manager in relation to its joint venture project for crewing services.
- We have advised start-up clients in the catering industry in relation to their formation and expansion and their securing of investment capital.
- We have prepared the documentation for the loan participation of a “white night” in two ailing companies including debt-for-equity swap options at the end of the term of the loan.
- The firm’s senior partner has acted as arbitrator in a major dispute surrounding the rescission of a share deal in the textile industry.
- The firm’s senior partner has acted as arbitrator in a dispute surrounding the termination of a joint venture in the energy industry.