Wessel advises and represents shipping companies and their insurers, mainly in maritime and transport law. Wessel focuses on different contract negotiations and represents his clients (both in and out of court) on contractual disputes and questions of liability arising in connection with the operation of the vessel (incl. cargo, passenger and charterparty claims, casualties). He also acts for ship owners in connection with the sale and purchase of their vessels. Prior to joining LEBUHN & PUCHTA, Wessel worked for a law firm specialising in ship finance, sale and purchase of vessels and yachts and vessel/yacht registration.
- Studies and training: University of Bielefeld, Münster, Maastricht, Bristol (LL.M.), doctoral thesis in 2012, legal traineeship with the German Shipowners’ Association and the Federal Ministry of Economics
- Admitted to the German bar in 2013
- 2013-2014: Rechtsanwalt in a law firm in Hamburg specialized in ship-finance and ship-registration
- Joined the firm in 2014
Nautical Association of Emden
- German Association for International Shipping Law (DVIS)
- German Association for Transport Law
Liability of the sea-carrier for loss of and damage to goods under the Rotterdam-Rules, 2012 (in German)
- Haftung des Empfängers für die Fracht beim CMR-Frachtvertrag (Urteilsbesprechung), RdTW 2015, 237
- Athens Convention or German Commercial Code?, HANSA International Maritime Journal, 09/2016, 156
- Conciliation in the ferry line sector: Why not?, HANSA International Maritime Journal, 10/2017, S. 38 f.