Renewable energy / Offshore
LEBUHN & PUCHTA has many years of experience in acting for clients in the renewable energy sector, both on the transactional side and in litigation. The firm has developed a particular focus on the offshore wind sector and the marine-related issues and risks which arise there, including planning, the construction and chartering of special-purpose vessels as well as offshore incidents. The firm has substantial experience in matters involving solar energy, biogas plants and energy storage systems. The firm has particular knowledge in matters of environmental and product liability and in the structuring of joint ventures and investment fund vehicles.
- We have advised a client in the negotiation of a ship building contract for a prototype offshore wind turbine installation vessel designed to carry and install generators with a specific type of foundation. The design involved many novel technical solutions and the contract structure included complex ownership and security arrangements.
- We have advised a client in connection with its chartering in of a special purpose wind turbine installation vessel to complete the installation of an offshore wind farm. This involved considering the inter-relationship with the shipbuilding contract for the vessel, due to the fact that the vessel was to be delivered into the charter as a newbuilding, and also specific risks affecting the completion of the wind farm as a project.
- We have advised a client in relation to planning issues for the laying of submarine power cables in the German North Sea for offshore wind farms.
- We have advised a client in the negotiation, as part of a tender process, of charters for special vessels such as accommodation vessels used in the construction of off-shore windfarms.
- We have advised a client in connection with the securing of vessel capacity for a continuous environmental monitoring programme for a group of wind farms.
- We have acted for a solar panel manufacturer in defending high value warranty claims on account of allegedly defective solar panels and conducting recourse actions for the client against sub-contractors.
- We have advised and represented major manufacturers of wind turbines in connection with ill-founded warranty and damages claims by operating companies.
- We have advised and represented major suppliers to offshore construction projects regarding the installation of wind turbines and other types of offshore facilities.