LEBUHN & PUCHTA has been involved on the legal side for decades in the market between Germany and the Scandinavian countries.
We advise Scandinavian clients comprehensively on their legal affairs in Germany. These clients comprise numerous companies from the shipping industry, such as shipowners, shipyards, classification societies, P&I clubs, other insurers and insurance brokers as well as various companies from the offshore industry. Moreover, we also advise clients from other industries, including transport, engineering and consulting companies as well as companies from the consumer goods and furniture sectors. In addition to the negotiation of commercial, project and other contracts, our services include, among other matters, the establishment of and day-to-day legal advice for German subsidiaries of our Scandinavian clients, their representation in contentious matters before German courts and arbitration tribunals and the enforcement of their rights as creditors in German insolvency proceedings.
We advise German clients on the successful implementation of their business activities in Scandinavia. If necessary, we instruct local law firms that we can recommend based on our personal experience from long-lasting cooperations, and we coordinate their services for our clients.
The members of our Scandinavian Desk have special expertise in this area, ranging from long-term case work and language skills to a secondment with a client lasting several months or a work period abroad extending over several years.
- We have advised a Norwegian insurance in connection with the collision of a chemical tanker and other vessels in the port of Hamburg
- We have advised a listed Norwegian producer of branded consumer goods on its market entry in Germany, incl. the incorporation of a German limited liability company (GmbH), the drafting of the service contract for the managing director and of a template for an employment contract, and we act as “first point of contact” for all legal questions of the management
- We have represented a Swedish P&I club in German arbitration proceedings under the rules of the German Maritime Arbitration Association in connection with a charter party dispute due to an oil pollution incident in the port of Valdez/Alaska
- We have advised a Danish furniture company in the insolvency proceedings of the German mail order company Neckermann, which included reclaiming unpaid goods during their shipment from Asia and negotiating with the credit insurer
- We have advised a Norwegian dockyard on their tender for the construction, transport and installation of an offshore wind HVDC platform, including the negotiation of a subcontract with a Swedish technology company
- We have advised a Norwegian law firm on issues of international civil procedure law in connection with the collision and sinking of a vessel in the Singapore Strait., resulting in court cases in Norway, Germany, the Netherlands and Panama, and have represented the client before the German court
- We have advised the Swedish operating company of the “Baltic Cable” in connection with a damage to the HVDC submarine power cable between Germany and Sweden
- We comprehensively advise German subsidiaries of a leading Danish engineering and consultancy firm
- We have advised a Norwegian dockyard on their tender for long-term maintenance agreements for several offshore wind platforms
- We have advised the Norwegian ship insurer in connection with a damage to a foreign state-owned yacht at the fitting-out quay due to the swell of passing vessels
- We have advised several German ship-owning companies on financing arrangements with Norwegian investors
- We have cooperated with Norwegian specialists in matters of eco-friendly ship recycling when advising a US client