LEBUHN & PUCHTA has a team of lawyers with many years of experience in matters of ship finance. The firm’s work extends from preparing and negotiating loan and security documentation for a classic mortgage loan to the structuring of equity finance and advice in relation alternative fleet finance and security arrangements. We have been involved in numerous restructurings of financial commitments. We are typically retained by shipowners and borrowers.
- We have advised a German shipowner regarding the structuring of security arrangements as part of a USD 100 million loan taken out on the US private equity market.
- We have advised owners on the risks involved in heavily structured loan finance documentation provided by the lenders.
- We have acted for a client in the setting up of a double-layered shipping investment vehicle consisting of an investment fund in the Isle of Man and a German holding company to bundle foreign investment in German shipping projects.
- We have acted for the owners of a well-known large German cruise ship in connection with the refinancing of their investment.
- We have acted for a major German shipping group in connection with the repeated complex restructuring of the multi-layered finance of a portion of its fleet.
- We have acted for a client in the complete restructuring of the finance and security structure for a fleet of nine vessels, helping achieve a release of personal liability for financial commitments. The matter involved complex issues under US law as one of the shareholders had placed himself under Chapter 11.
- We have advised a client in connection with the refinancing of two ROPAX vessels, including complex group security arrangements.
- We have provided extensive advice to a major liner operator regarding the finance of a fleet of 12 newbuildings.
- We have advised shipowners in their renegotiation of the financing of their fleet of capsize bulkers with the banking consortium.