Transport and logistics
LEBUHN & PUCHTA has very significant experience of advising and representing transport and freight forwarding companies in all matters of carriage of goods and passengers by road, rail, air, inland waterways and by sea, ranging from the typical cargo claim to large multijurisdictional claims and the drafting of terms of business and special contracts, including for the offshore wind sector.
- We have developed for our clients standard freight forwarding conditions for carriage of goods by rail.
- We have given substantial advice to a German freight forwarder client in connection with the drafting of framework agreements with German and foreign customers.
- We have acted for a client in connection with large claims resulting from the derailing of a goods train. We coordinated its defence in the legal proceedings brought in foreign courts and arbitration tribunals and secured its recourse claims.
- We act for German freight forwarders defending claims for damages brought by the transport accident insurers following the loss of the cargo due to the sinking of the “MOL COMFORT”.
- We have acted for German freight forwarder clients defending claims resulting from the interruption of a carriage by sea on account of a suspected infringement of Iran sanctions.
- In connection with anti-dumping taxes imposed on imported goods, we have acted for freight forwarders in their claim for an indemnity.